Thursday, October 24, 2013

New Macbook Air (October 2013)

I recently received a brand new Macbook Air.

We got it from Japan so the keyboard has Japanese characters.

This is my 1st time to own a Macbook Air.  I have been using Microsoft OS since DOS was starting to become more prevalent (i.e. early 90s)

I have always been intrigued by Macbook: the right computer for right brained people.  I am not in a "creative" industry like advertising or the arts.  I received an MBA but most of my electives were on finance and old school marketing.  I still believe this "equipment" might be able to squeeze out some creative juices from me... and I more than happy to squirt these juices :)

In the past 2 weeks, I only played around with the macbook air 2 -3 times.  My usual work is office/desk bound in front of a dell desktop using MS.  When I come home I usually just play with my iPad 2 and iPhone 5 :) which are great items by the way.

Kudos to Apple for coming up with a low cost iPhone 5C (I'm still happy with my iPhone 5 so I will no be switching to 5C/5S anytime soon).  My last iPhone was a 1st generation one from Singapore which served me well from 2007 - 2013.  Six long and productive years.  iPhones are great investments.  I might get a new iPhone in 2019... if I'm lucky :)

Kudos also to Apple for coming up with the iPad air!  I had my iPad 2 since 2011 and I currently have no plans of upgrading because it still works great! :)

My current dilemma with my Macbook Air is that I don't have a protective covering for it: case, display and keyboard protectors.

My 1st few posts will be regarding the resolution of this problem

I do hope that this will be interesting for you 

No comments:

Post a Comment