Monday, November 18, 2013

My wife loves my new MacBook Air

My wife and her family have been buying a lot of laptops in the 6 years that I have known them.

Her 2 year old Dell laptop purchased from the US has given her nothing but heartache this year (I am about to remedy that... I just need to find some time)

I also had a Dell laptop from my office but had to return it as I no longer do field work.  One of the many reasons why I love my new MacBook Air.

My wife loves to watch movies in our new MacBook Air.  I just need to remind her constantly that she can close the laptop to pause the movie that she is watching when our baby boy cries, "Mommy!"

I think is has been a force of habit from Windows users to keep the monitor on and pause the movie so that you are sure that the movie will continue to point when you paused.  From my new experience with the MacBook Air you can close the laptop and due to its fast start up you can immediately watch the movie from the point when you paused.

I also found out that if you keep the monitor running (and did not close the MacBook Air) the area where the body of the laptop and the monitor join becomes quite hot - which I think might damage the MacBook Air or decrease the battery life.  I had a similar problem with my Compaq laptop.  I closed the laptop (without turning it off) and placed it inside my backpack.  Sure enough before the year ended my battery was shot and my monitor was damaged.

Just to end this entry back on my wife loving my MacBook Air.  Can I assume that females prefer MacBooks over other laptops?

No comments:

Post a Comment